Naruto Shadows
http://forum.shinobirisings.com/index.php


http://forum.shinobirisings.com/index.php
 
HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Wich one?
Open World PVP
87%
 87% [ 27 ]
Instance PVP
13%
 13% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 31
 

AuthorMessage
Fuyu Hozuki
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 64
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-08-01
Location : Lisboa, Portugal

PostSubject: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:07 am

So broh Greedz i ill pick your text because is awsome and resume the two ideas in perfection.

"Village vs village pvp : if 2 villages decide to go to war I think this should be instance pvp, meaning when its time to go to war there would be a prompt screen informing everyone from both villages that the war is about to start and that only a certain amount of character spots are available (e.g 30 vs 30)higher ranked characters getting privilege of course)
I also think that only people who are INSIDE there village should be able to join as being able to join wherever you are on the map would be a bit weird, anyway once everyone's ready/timers run out everyone would be transported to a big battlefield where they would fight it out, first village to lose all there characters is defeated which would mean money loss for the village, reputation loss etc and the winning village would get a reward (money etc).

Open world zone pvp : this is where the missing nins can get involved too, ok so for people who like open world pvp (i think that's everyone) this is basically what fuyu said, there should be territory's around the map which give bonuses to those who control it(or just have stuff that you couldn't get anywhere else) anyway people can fight for this territory openly with no instance fights etc in order for this to work there should probably be something in the territory's that the controlling village/missing nins have to defend and the people who want to take it over have to destroy it e.g a tower or something." by Greedz.

Im glad if Admins say something about it too =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bluejay
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:47 am

Why not both?

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ramen Guy
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 10
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-07-27
Age : 21
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:00 am

Bluejay wrote:
Why not both?

How would that work?

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuyu Hozuki
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 64
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-08-01
Location : Lisboa, Portugal

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:23 am

hey we not talking about arena battles where you battle with low teams like 2x2 and 4x4... we talking about massive pvp...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Modkira
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:46 am

I think open world is the best option but that's just me

~
"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greedz
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 18
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-29
Location : Hidden in The Mist

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:22 am

Bluejay wrote:
Why not both?

That's exactly what it says on the first post, if you read the first post again you'll see that in the first paragraph I talk about Village vs Village pvp and how this type should be instanced and the second paragraph I talk about every other type of pvp and how it should be open world meaning we get both types: instanced for big village wars and open world pvp for everything else.

Feel free to disagree but I don't really see how open world Village wars can happen I mean first of all I don't think you should/will be able to fight in someones village especially having like 60 people fighting in 1 village, it would be way too messy and chaotic (think about somewhere like Konoha which will have so many people in it, genins, academy students, loads of buildings etc)

Second of all if you were to fight outside somewhere then where would you fight? it would be too unorganized as not everyone would show up to where you want to fight and they would be unfair fights as the numbers wont be equal, also how would you determine the winner if your fighting in the middle of nowhere with random numbers of people that happen to show up, I think instanced pvp makes it fair (30 vs 30 or however many is decided) its also organised in a battlefield that's fit for big fights, the winner is the Village that has the remaining survivors.

Of course there will also be a BIG part of pvp which will be open world which everyone loves (including me) the information on that is on the first post second paragraph.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuyu Hozuki
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 64
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-08-01
Location : Lisboa, Portugal

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:32 am

man in war and in life everything is unfair, but i agree the part of overload when you attack a village but think in WoW Horde always attacking stormwind and it works in perfection...

My opinion is like a was post my own idea i want fell the fear in war, i want have fear walk in florests to do a mission and 30 other ninjas get to kill me, because in wars thats what happen, in my opinion instance pvp is a shi** because of that... but thats only my opinion...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greedz
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 18
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-29
Location : Hidden in The Mist

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:05 am

Fuyu Hozuki wrote:
man in war and in life everything is unfair, but i agree the part of overload when you attack a village but think in WoW Horde always attacking stormwind and it works in perfection...

My opinion is like a was post my own idea i want fell the fear in war, i want have fear walk in florests to do a mission and 30 other ninjas get to kill me, because in wars thats what happen, in my opinion instance pvp is a shi** because of that... but thats only my opinion...

You're misunderstanding me, you will still be able to get attacked during a mission and pvp will ALWAYS be open world but the thing that I'm suggesting is that big village wars should be instanced as I said above but that does not mean that when 2 villages are at war you wont be attacked/be able to attack the people from the other village when ever you want it just means that when the time comes you will get the chance to represent your village in a big instanced war on the battlefield.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nsahawks7
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 101
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-29
Age : 22
Location : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:52 am

I like Open World PVP, but safe zones here and there for ninjas.

EDIT:
Open world PVP, but villages are safe zones and maybe a couple of hideouts for rogue ninjas.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuyu Hozuki
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 64
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-08-01
Location : Lisboa, Portugal

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:03 am

nsahawks7 wrote:
I like Open World PVP, but safe zones here and there for ninjas.

EDIT:
Open world PVP, but villages are safe zones and maybe a couple of hideouts for rogue ninjas.

Villages could be attaked but not destroyed or conquered... and yah can have some hideouts to people get safe but in war no one is safe... This way Missing Ninjas can have a base too and made some trade and share information...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bluejay
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:02 am

Greedz wrote:
Bluejay wrote:
Why not both?

That's exactly what it says on the first post, if you read the first post again you'll see that in the first paragraph I talk about Village vs Village pvp and how this type should be instanced and the second paragraph I talk about every other type of pvp and how it should be open world meaning we get both types: instanced for big village wars and open world pvp for everything else.

Feel free to disagree but I don't really see how open world Village wars can happen I mean first of all I don't think you should/will be able to fight in someones village especially having like 60 people fighting in 1 village, it would be way too messy and chaotic (think about somewhere like Konoha which will have so many people in it, genins, academy students, loads of buildings etc)

Second of all if you were to fight outside somewhere then where would you fight? it would be too unorganized as not everyone would show up to where you want to fight and they would be unfair fights as the numbers wont be equal, also how would you determine the winner if your fighting in the middle of nowhere with random numbers of people that happen to show up, I think instanced pvp makes it fair (30 vs 30 or however many is decided) its also organised in a battlefield that's fit for big fights, the winner is the Village that has the remaining survivors.

Of course there will also be a BIG part of pvp which will be open world which everyone loves (including me) the information on that is on the first post second paragraph.

You didn't have a first post? and I have no idea why you quoted me.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bluejay
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:02 am

The Ramen Guy wrote:
Bluejay wrote:
Why not both?

How would that work?

You can always attack people then instances for objective pvp.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roboWarrior001
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 41
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-26

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:17 pm

In open pvp people wont be able to attack villages because they are HIDDEN! to attack a village would be a very rare opportunity for the opposing faction that rarely ever happens. What i'm assuming is that there is a master map. nd each corner has a hidden village and all members of that village can move freely in that zone, because early quests and missions will be relatively risk free. then every other zone in the middle of the map is fair game. so when you get to higher levels and have to travel far away for a mission its more risky and you could get tracked by a group of enemy ninjas or missing nins, you could randomly run into one of the seven swordsmen of the mist, you could run into a tailed beast, you could even see a member who u hate on the forums and ambush him... things like that. so you feel like anything can happen once you leave your village. thats how i want my game experience to be.

If you ever get to a stage when you can attack a village then that has to be instanced and announced so ppl know to be ready to defend their village. that arena pvp style if it was instanced like on a field or in a forrest, then it would be awesome, nd it should be timed and a each kill would give you a certain amount of points nd at the end whoever has the most points wins the round. having 30v30 wer theres no resurrection would be overly quick nd boring.

~
The Dragon hidden in the Cloud

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greedz
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 18
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-29
Location : Hidden in The Mist

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:02 pm

Bluejay wrote:
Greedz wrote:
Bluejay wrote:
Why not both?

That's exactly what it says on the first post, if you read the first post again you'll see that in the first paragraph I talk about Village vs Village pvp and how this type should be instanced and the second paragraph I talk about every other type of pvp and how it should be open world meaning we get both types: instanced for big village wars and open world pvp for everything else.

Feel free to disagree but I don't really see how open world Village wars can happen I mean first of all I don't think you should/will be able to fight in someones village especially having like 60 people fighting in 1 village, it would be way too messy and chaotic (think about somewhere like Konoha which will have so many people in it, genins, academy students, loads of buildings etc)

Second of all if you were to fight outside somewhere then where would you fight? it would be too unorganized as not everyone would show up to where you want to fight and they would be unfair fights as the numbers wont be equal, also how would you determine the winner if your fighting in the middle of nowhere with random numbers of people that happen to show up, I think instanced pvp makes it fair (30 vs 30 or however many is decided) its also organised in a battlefield that's fit for big fights, the winner is the Village that has the remaining survivors.

Of course there will also be a BIG part of pvp which will be open world which everyone loves (including me) the information on that is on the first post second paragraph.

You didn't have a first post? and I have no idea why you quoted me.

I feel like even a /facepalm wouldn't be enough so I wont even bother.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bingofuel
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 53
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Bluejay wrote:
The Ramen Guy wrote:
Bluejay wrote:
Why not both?

How would that work?

You can always attack people then instances for objective pvp.

Don't count on Open world PvP to get implanted (at first) since you need very expensive servers. Otherwise you will encounter loads of lag and other issues like imbalance and some classes being overpowered. So don't expect it.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprinkler
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 129
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2012-08-05

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Open World PVP ftw. That's the whole conecpt of Naruto, five villages that are at war with eachother. And while we're on it, PVP-based missions/quests should be a huge part of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hitokiri
Members
Members
avatar

Posts : 272
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-07-26
Age : 21
Location : Jamaica baybe

PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Open world>>>>>>>>>>Instance PVP

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP   

Back to top Go down
 

War System : Open PVP vs Instance PVP

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» To Pour Salt Into An Open Wound...
» Work of Art (open to all)
» The Shivering Isles (Open To All!)
» Enemies Brought Together As One(Open, Pick N Play)
» Yoruyounaka Kaizokudan: Unknown Winter Island (open to anyone)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Shadows :: Naruto Shadows :: Suggestions & ideas-